Monday, October 02, 2006

Gothic lantern.


Generally, I don't love Gemmy Industries' products. Their products, while often inventive, trend toward cheesey and over the top. At least for my taste. So, when this lamp caught my eye in a store aisle, I was surprised to see it was a Gemmy product. Yeah, I know. It's still a little over the top, but, when weather allows, we'll probably make this part of the yard haunt. Should look pretty interesting from the sidewalk and street. We're trying to add more details such as this for 2006. Looking at last year's photos I was discouraged by the lack of texture and depth. Everything looked flat and sparse. So, while we hope to have one new character finished to add something new, we're really focusing on adding smaller bits of atmosphere to dress things up.

No comments: